Sunday, January 5, 2014

Review: Hit 149 Anna Brookes First Chapter (HiT #1) by Margaret McHeyzer


Goodreads



*****Recommended for Readers 18+*****

‘I’m standing here, on top of the building and I need to remind myself to breathe. It’s not like I haven’t done this 146 times before. It’s not like I’m NOT the best in the business. I am the best at this because as sick as it sounds, I WANT to be here. I love doing what I do. I can tell you that I have been in this line of work for the last 13 years. I didn’t quite fall into it, I actually sought it out. I am undoubtedly the best in the industry. I am respected amongst all the big players. I am the biggest player of them all. If a rookie tried to come along and show me up as an example of their capabilities, it didn’t take long for me to work out what they were about.
There is no hesitation. No second thoughts. No doubts. No emotions. No feelings.’ ~ Anna Brookes

Anna Brookes is the most dangerous woman that you hope you will never know.
Her life of danger started the day she turned 15.
The 13 years that follow shapes her life to have her become the most deadly and lethal woman.
HiT 149 becomes her most difficult target. Does she pull the trigger or does she risk becoming the target herself?


Let me start off my saying this book has become one of my favorites. I freaking LOVED this story! I am so glad to have had a chance to read HiT149!  I honestly was a little hesitant, thinking that it may not be 'for me' and now I find myself aching to find out what happens next!

Anna Brooks is not your average woman. As a young girl her first love was not the cute, popular boy in class.. it was guns. Glocks, Colts, Sigs... anything artillery related. Her father, Henry, was the Chief of police for the small town St. Cloud. Being a single father, he did everything he could to protect Anna. Even taught her how to shoot her first gun, not that she really needed to be taught, she was a natural.  Everyone wanted to meet the 15 year old girl with the 'golden shot'. Only not everyone had good intentions... 

          Watching her father being killed at the hands of evil, all to kidnap her and her perfect aim, changed Anna's life forever. Vowing to train and seek out the man who called the shot to murder her father all those years ago... Anna became the most sought after assassin in the world, she was after all the best. Hit #149 should have been like any other... only this time, she knew her mark...intimately... Trying everything in her power to remain on task, she desperately tried to ignore this extreme pull he has over her. 

          Ben Pearson can't understand the instant connection he feels towards Anna but will do anything to have her in his life. Only he has no idea who she really is, or why she has returned to St. Cloud. Could his life really be in danger? 

          As the story progresses we watch their love and struggles unfold. Anna has a new meaning for living, only problem is that is she doesn't kill Ben...someone else will. Can she save him? Can Ben trust Anna when he finds out who she really is?

          Margaret McHeyzer blew me away with Anna Brooks First Chapter. But she also left me with a huge cliff hanger!! What happens next!? Thankfully I will find out in Hit for Freedom "Anna's Battle"!! 5 Stars on this one! Be sure to add it to your TBR!!!


I've found that the more I write, the more I like being different to other authors. I write in first person, and I love to challenge a reader.
I take the normal and switch it around.
For me, I really enjoy getting a reaction from a reader. So if I can evoke an emotion (regardless of if it's the emotion the reader wants) then I figure that I've done my job as an author I want to be.
I really quite revel in taking people out of their comfort zones and pushing them to read something different.
My genre of writing is, well quite frankly, where ever my mind goes. I won't label myself because I don't like sticking to one genre.
My goal with writing is just to take people away from whatever is going on in their lives, even if it's only for a split second.
I'm a go with the flow sort of person and don't really take a course of action to get where I am going. I live in the moment and don't usually worry about tomorrow because whatever life is due to bring me, I'll be happy to accept.
I love my family and friends and will help anyway I can if someone needs it. I really don't like people that are nasty just because they can be, I don't believe that's necessary, I mean life's hard enough as it is!
I hope you enjoy my books, I've had a hoot writing them. There's more to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment