Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy Release Day!!! Hot Southern Mess by T.A. Hardenbrook




My mother always said, “You need to act like a lady if you are ever going to be the perfect wife.” Well, that would require me to first become ‘lady like’, and then sell my soul to the devil. Down south, women were groomed to be the perfect trophy wives. One must be the total package, in order to catch a man that had sort of social ranking at the country club. To my parents and sister’s dismay, being sold off to the highest bidder in society wasn’t the life for me.

Hi I’m Molly, and anything but the southern belle type. My hair isn't blonde and I don’t wear dresses. My shoe selection consists of my favorite chucks, and I’m lucky that I shower daily. I bite my nails and play guitar, and well my makeup regimen involves the very basics. I don’t hold any pageant titles and I’m entirely too awkward at social gatherings.

So what does one do when her younger sister finds the man of her dreams and gets married? You suck it up and put on that horrible bridesmaid dress, and explain to everyone that you are perfectly content on living alone for the rest of your life. Then, you get the hell out of there. 

I just want to play my music and live my life, free of sparkles and crowns. Being twenty-five and not married wasn't the end of the world, in reality, it is just the beginning. I am not going to worry about finding “the one” till it finds me. One afternoon I walked right into all six-foot-three rock star of it, shit.

Hi, my name is Molly, and I’m a complete Hot Southern Mess.



T.A. Hardenbrook currently resides in Spokane Washington with her husband and two young boys. She has a degree in Early Childhood Education as well as her license in Cosmetology in which she still does part time.

Her days include being the family chauffer and referee, all while trying to become the perfect domestic goddess one strives for. Her family of four also includes a very loving American pit bull terrier, a wirehaired dachshund, a corn snake, and an American cavy (Which her oldest son shows at ARBA/ACBA events).

Being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2013, life became a struggle and she found learning to adapt was not an easy task. Luckily with the help of daily medication, life is slowly returning back to normal. Having the opportunity to write a novel at this time was a huge boost of confidence in dealing with the disorder, being able to use her hands and type, was therapy for the soul.

Please remember to never let anything stand in front of your dreams.

tahardenbrook.blogspot.com
Author T.A. Hardenbrook (Official Facebook Page)
@thardenbrook (Official Twitter Page)

Thardenbrook03@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment