Monday, November 18, 2013

NEW RELEASE REVIEW: Reclining Nude in Chicago by Fifi Flowers



Goodreads

What Happens when freelance art writer Julia Van Rothfelder
is mistaken for an artist's life model and finds herself
reclining nude in Chicago?

"Reclining Nude in Chicago"
is book one of a new Encounters series by Fifi Flowers...
Several standalone novellas featuring business women
who travel and enjoy interesting encounters.

This book contains sexually explicit material and is intended for adult readers only.



         I had the honor of reading this as an ARC from Fifi Flowers. Having loved her debut novel A Window to Love I couldn’t wait to see what was in store for her newest novella. Having said that, let’s get to the good stuff!!

          We first met Julia who is a journalist who specializes in Art. When she learns of an exhibit on her favorite artiest, Matisse, she immediately jumps at the chance to meet the museum curator who is behind it all.
 
          Julia and Pierce, the curator, begin their professional relationship mostly through text messages. This professional relationship, starts to take a turn to a little bit more personal throughout the next several weeks. She agrees to meet him in Chicago and when she walks into the loft… she’s greeted with a little more than she imagined.

          Emerson takes Julia by surprise, asking her to strip all of her clothes and pose on the bed for him to paint. Hesitant..she complies… Only, she thinks he is Pierce!! When Pierce does walk in, tall, built, three piece suit.. as she lay naked… she is even more turned on than before! I can’t say anything else about this scene without spoilers but let your imagination run wild!!

          Emerson has a softer side to him than Pierce does. He even goes to visit her back home in LA, making her feelings for him over the span of only a few days, grow beyond her dreams. Jealousy, lots of sex, and short visits expands the relationship of these two. Only when she meets with Pierce does she realize Emerson’s true feelings.

          I read this novella in a matter of a few short hours. Being short does not take away from the detail  that Fifi Flowers pours into this book. Her love for art is shown through every chapter and the hot steamy affair between the three main characters will have you wanting for more! Holy effen cow! I dreamt about Emerson the night that I read this book… YUM!! Fifi Flowers has made me an even bigger fan of hers with this one!

Enjoy <3

Excerpt

Knowing that he had always been nothing but a gentleman to me, I really should've thought before I texted my reply to his innocent words. "We received an amazing piece today. A reclining nude."

I did. Yes, I did. I typed these words plain as day: "What did you say? You like to recline nude?" No backspacing, I hit S-E-N-D! Then I laughed wildly hoping I didn't kill him. It would be tragic if I caused him a heart attack, but I continued to laugh until I heard my phone chime again.

Leery about looking at the response, I pondered if my interview would be canceled. With my hand over my eyes, peeking through two fingers, gritting my teeth, I pulled the phone screen into view. My mouth dropped wide open as I read the words, "Would you like to see me reclining nude? I mean would you like to see The Reclining Nude? ;)" Yes, he added a winking symbol. Hmmm... a little playfulness exhibited by Mr. Curator. Maybe my visit with the old guy wouldn't be so stuffy after all.

 
 “Art is an experience that transcends all cultural boundaries... it makes us feel!” Fifi Flowers

Fifi Flowers is an internationally known artiste who paints her daydream city of Paris, adding her special flair of whimsy and fun to the iconic images of Paris. Beautiful things that surround her daily life are what inspire her to paint. Setting a mood... playing with colour... experimenting with patterns and textures... painting on canvas or archival paper.

Fifi penned her love of Paris and romance to the pages of her first novel, A Window To Love, published on August 11th, 2013. Fifi's love of writing began at a very young age, and finally, during the Fall of 2012, she sat down, and instead of putting paint to paper, put her pen to paper and began her first novel. A Window To Love is the first in her series of eight romance novels.

Fifi has a bachelor's degree in Art and a minor in Art History from California Polytechnic University. She also attended UCLA Film School for Production Design.

Fifi resides in the Los Angeles area of California… but part of her heart resides in Paris, France. 
https://www.facebook.com/fifi.flowers.1
https://www.twitter.com/fififlowers

https://www.goodreads.com/FifiFlowers
 

No comments:

Post a Comment