Monday, September 2, 2013

REVIEW: Fueled (The Driven Trilogy, #2) by: K. Bromberg



AmazonClick here

Synopsis: Book #2 of the Driven Trilogy

What happens when the one person you never expected suddenly happens to be the one you’ll fight the hardest to keep?

Colton stole my heart. He wasn't supposed to, and I sure as hell didn't want him to, but he crashed into my life, ignited feelings within me that I thought had died forever, and fueled a passion that I never knew could exist.

Rylee fell out of that damn storage closet and into my life. Now I don't think I'll ever be the same. She's seen glimpses of the darkness within me, and yet she's still here. Still fighting for me. She is without a doubt the saint, and I am most definitely the sinner.

How is it the one thing neither of us wanted—neither of us anticipated that fateful night—has us fighting so hard to keep?

He steals my breath, stops my heart, and brings me back to life again all in a split second of time. But how can I love a man who won't let me in? Who continually pushes me away to prevent me from seeing the damaged secrets in his past? My heart has fallen, but patience and forgiveness can only go so far.

How can I desire a woman who unnerves me, defies me, and forces me to see that in the deep, black abyss of my soul there's someone worthy of her love? A place and person I swore I'd never be again. Her selfless heart and sexy body deserve so much more than I'll ever be capable of giving her. I know I can't be what she needs, so why can't I just let her go?

We are driven by need and fueled with desire, but is that enough for us to crash into love?


***

Review:  I am a little upset right now.  Not a bad upset.  More of a 'you have to be kidding me right now' upset.  What a cliffhanger!  Seriously, be warned, Fueled has one of the most suspenseful cliffhangers I have ever read.

      Alright, let's get to the basics, shall we?  Rylee and Colton are at it again.  Fueled picks up right where Driven left off.  Steamy, tense and emotional.  I appreciated that the author did this.  This transition from book one to book two allowed the details of Driven to come to the forefront of my mind.  I don't usually reread novels, so having to stop and recall previous details is never fun.  However, the author elinimated this by offer a streamless tranistion.

     Rylee gains a little more self confidence in Fueled.  Bit by bit she finds herself amongst the haze she has buried herself in over the last two years.  This is not to say she still doesn't have to deal with the occasional insectuirty, but little by little she firecracker within is surfacing.

     One thing is for sure, Rylee has gotten under Colton's skin.  The walls around the broading bad boy begin to crumble and tumble in this book.  I have always enjoyed Colton's alpha ways, but there is nothing sexier than a vunerable bad boy.  Rylee begins to get a glimpse of the dark details of Colton's childhood.  Quickly, Rylee realizes that Colton is more like her lost boys than she previously thought.

     I enjoyed the connection between Rylee and Colton.  I like that the author gave Ryleee the strength to deal with Colton.  The strength to see that it all wasn't inconsequential.  I am looking forward to Crashed until then I will be thinking of Colton while chanting "Spiderman. Batman. Superman. Ironman.'

Happy reading!!




1 comment: