Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Review: He Belongs to Me by Theresa Rizzo


Amazon
Goodreads

He Belongs to Me is a love story . . . a tale of betrayal and deception and of a young mother's determination to recover what belongs to her.

Forced to leave her baby and tricked into relinquishing her parental rights, four years later Catherine Boyd is back and she'll do anything to regain custody of her son--even reconcile with the husband falsely accused of killing their son's twin.

All in the name of love for a little boy, generations of pain and tragedy are exposed in a courtroom drama.



 I received this novel as an ARC by the author for an honest review.

I absolutely loved this book!! I had a really hard time rating it, the plot and characters were phenomenal but it just sort of ended... Although there was a happy ending, I wish there was just a little bit more.

Catherine Boyd grew up in a wealthy family. Her parents cared more about their social standing than her and her brothers well being. Being constantly pushed by their father, they both start to rebel.

Catherine and Thomas elope and come home to tell her parents that she is now married and pregnant. Wonder how well that conversation went!  After agreeing to move into their home and work for her father, Thomas and Catherine begin their lives as newlyweds. That is until one horrifying night a few months later.

Catherine knew that if she didn't give Thomas an 'Out' he would never leave and her father would destroy his life. She pushed him and told him to leave, to go back to college. Reluctantly he left, and didn't hear from her for almost 5 years...

After graduating from Stanford and returning for her son, she learned that her father had tricked her into giving up custody of her son to them and would not get it back until she returned to them and lived in their home. Heart broken, she had no where left to turn except to the man whose heart she stomped on.

The court battle for custody had me so enthralled in each chapter of the book, that found myself staying up late into the night to get through each and every page. Watching these two find the love that they once shared, and watching Thomas overcome his fears of fatherhood, still gives me chills.

As I mentioned I did feel like the ending was missing something, however I'm not sure what it was. Maybe where the relationship of her parents lead or maybe what happened once Andrew was truely home. I'm a big sucker for Epilogues so not having one in this book, left me hanging. With that said however, I truely enjoyed their story and hope that I will get the chance to read more of Theresa's novels. 4.5 Stars!

Enjoy :)








Theresa Rizzo is an award-winning author who writes emotional stories that explore the complexity of relationships and families through real-life trials. Born and raised in Grosse Pointe, Michigan, she now lives outside of Boulder, Colorado with her husband of thirty years.
www.theresarizzo.com
www.twitter.com/Theresa_Rizzo
www.facebook.com/pages/Theresa-Rizzo/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review, Jessica! I'm glad you enjoyed Catherine and Thomas's story. A lot of readers felt the same as you and would have liked an epilogue, so once I have published the other 3 books I've written, I was thinking I might go back and write an epilogue for He Belongs to Me and post it on my website. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete