Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Review: Escaping Reality by: Lisa Renee Jones

Escaping Reality
By: Lisa Renee Jones
Synopsis: Recommended for 17+ due to mature themes and sexual content
Book 1 of THE SECRET LIFE OF AMY BENSEN Series
ESCAPING REALITY
***
Infinite possibilities....
Infinite passion.....
Infinite danger....
His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn't trust him. I shouldn't tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.

At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loved to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she's finally dared to believe she is forgotten-even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets her guard down, the ghosts of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run. 

On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take "no" as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes?


***

Review:  Hands down 5 stars!
     Brilliant.  Amazing.  Suspenseful.  Sexy.  These are only a few words I would use to describe Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee Jones.
     The author takes us into the mind of Amy, a young woman who must live on the run from her tragic past.  Always looking over her shoulder.  Constantly having to keep her guard up.  Amy is existing, not living, but she is alive and that is all that matters.  That is until she meets the gaze of one Liam Scott.
     I have to tell you, it has been several novels since I have been introduced to a super sexy, very domineering, uber controlling alpha male character.  Boy, oh boy, did Liam give me the fix I have been jonesing for.  With just one look Liam can make any woman's panties drop ((fanning myself))  In true alpha fashion Liam comes swooping into Amy's life attempting to take control.  But can Amy trust him?  Can she be so selfish as to allow him in even if it puts him in danger?  That is the journey you are about to embark on.
     I had read somewhere online someone question whether or not a reader who like the If I Were You series would like Escaping Reality.  I have to be honest, I liked it more.  I enjoyed the If I Were You series, but I enjoyed this novel more.  This storyline reeled me in and never let go.  Also, don't let it's size foul you.  207 pages seems small.  At least to me.  I often get leery of books that small.  Yes, there are some amazing books out there that size, but often times I am left feeling a little empty.  Not this time.  This novel is jam packed with emotion and suspense.  I was left my head swimming and I feel very satisfied.
     I look forward to seeing Amy's story continued in the next book.

Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment