Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Review: Bang by E.K. Blair


Amazon  *  B&N  *  Goodreads

Synopsis: They say when you take revenge against another you lose a part of your innocence. 
But I’m not innocent. 
I haven’t been for a very long time. 
My innocence was stolen from me. Taken was the life I was supposed to have. The soul I was born with. The ruby heart embedded in a life full of hopes and dreams. 

Gone. 
Vanished. 

I never even had a choice. 
I mourn that life. Mourn the what-ifs. 
Until now. 
I’m ready to take back what was always meant to be mine. 

But every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it’s the heart. 

**Due to the dark and explicit nature of this book, it is recommended for mature audiences only.*
***
Review:  Allow me a moment to take a few deep breaths to compose myself after just finishing Bang.  Holy hell!  Bang is a twisting, turning, gut wrenching, heart racing, tear inducing, nerve splitting roller coaster ride from start to finish.  After finishing this book I find myself asking two very important questions.  First, how is it possible that I have not read books by E.K Blair before?  This author is an effing genius.  Two, how will I go on about my day now that I turned the final page of this book?  

Now, this review is not going to be super in depth, because the plot is very intricate and I do not want to giveaway too much, potentially ruining it for anyone who hasn't read it yet.  I will say that the author does a great job building the story line.  She starts off offering small hints of where the plot is going and slowly builds the suspense until the end you are so tense you are a shaking pile of pent up emotions.  

I also have to warn you that the warning in the synopsis should not be taken lightly.  Taking it seriously, because some of the subject matter in this book is not for the kind at heart or for those with a weak stomach.  I am fairly desensitized by many plot elements, but even I cringed and gasped at moments through out this book.  The author is warning you, so don't be mad later on if you are upset by something.

I loved the characters the author created.  I found the heroine to be stronger than she believes and more fragile than she lets on.  I really enjoyed the sharp contrasts in her personality.  For me this made her character more believable.  I also really enjoyed the dynamic of her relationships.  There is nothing cookie-cutter about the interactions between her ans the men in her life or her struggles.

There is also one more part of Bang I would like to call out and that is Carnegie.  He was such an unlikely element in this book, but I absolutely loved him and thought this was a brilliant addition.

If you haven't read Bang yet I highly recommend you do.

Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment